"Sit down and feed, and welcome to our table." -William Shakespeare

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Foil Packet Grilling

Between packing and nurturing small people, the days are short. Really short. Time is at a premium. Usually I am concerned with making sure we get a high raw-to-cooked ratio in our diet. These days I'm just trying to make sure real food goes in at regular intervals throughout the day....

Since I recently learned how to actually turn on the grill, I've been enamoured. Then some friends had us over recently and served dinner cooked in foil packets on the grill. Now it's officially an obsession.

Foil packet grilling!

The basic recipe here is meat (chicken, pork, marinated steak, etc.), potatoes, and veggies. Today we have chicken, potatoes, carrots, green beans, and zucchini. Chop it all up and toss it in olive oil and sea salt. I'm using re-used baggies here but a bowl is fine.

I add a layer of parchment paper between the foil and our food because *news flash*, friends, aluminum is a carcinogen. Cooking on aluminum is not making your body happy. But foil, you know, it's a modern miracle. So just line it- you're good to go!

Make sure to seal the edges of your foil well.

Grill it up.


Eat it up.

The kids find this to be a fascinating process. They love the grill and they love eating outside. I love not heating up the kitchen and virtually zero dishes. When I'm packing. I'm packing. Did I already say that? I am dreaming about packing, even.

Packing....


"A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."
~John Henry Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment