"Sit down and feed, and welcome to our table." -William Shakespeare

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

For me?

Today I packed like a crazy person. The end of my living room is paced of to the size of our UHaul to be, and it is too quickly filling with boxes. Books, mostly, with some clothes and kitchen stuff thrown in for good measure.

My little people made a tea party for me, with real tea, plates of snacks, and a tablecloth to boot.

For me? Yes, mom, for you!

Could I find my camera? No. Was it perfect? Yes. They knew I needed it! All I had to do was slice a lemon and add cloves to them (that's Isaiah's favorite in his cup of tea).

We also had a delicious dinner cooked out on the grill.... Daddy was going to make it while I continued packing, but he got stuck at work,

So *I* turned on the grill for the first time *ever* and grilled the hamburgers and vegetables myself for the first time *ever*. Don't I just get more modern by the day? It was a perfect backyard picnic.

Could I find my camera? NO. But I'll remember today forever in my mind.

Tomorrow's to-do list begins with:

Find camera.



"Our only security is our ability to change."
-John Lilly

1 comment:

  1. that's really sweet! This is where you get paid back for all the times you spent making tea for them :)

    ReplyDelete