"Sit down and feed, and welcome to our table." -William Shakespeare

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Rest, Rest, Rest


My brain and my body recently figured out that the move is, in fact, over. Everyone they are resposible for has settled and adjusted. All our stuff (except my favorite mixing bowl) has found a home in our new home, and there's just no reason to be rushing about all the time.

And Monday morning, making that connection, both my brain and my body just sorta went caput. I realized that I was exhausted. So I slept. All day. (Thanks goodness for Playmobil and CCC videos- blush.) I'm spending the rest of this week on vacation. Or something akin to that, as mothers pretty much have to cook, clean, and bandage boo-boos even on 'vacation.' And I don't mind a bit. It's more of a mental vacation, I guess.

Anyway, here are some really great things to google in the meantime. (Yes, my links are still down, and yes, it is pathetic that I still haven't figured out how to fix that.)

Parenting: Illustrated with Crappy Pictures (DO NOT SKIP THIS CHANCE TO LAUGH UNTIL YOU CRY AND FEEL REALLY GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF. This blog is hilarious.)

Just Add Light and Stir- Blog (Don't miss the chance to be inspired by the everyday living and loving that happens all around you.)

"Sleep that knits up the ravelled sleave of care
The death of each day's life, sore labour's bath
Balm of hurt minds, great nature's second course,
Chief nourisher in life's feast."
~William Shakespeare, Macbeth

No comments:

Post a Comment